Carpenter Job Minneapolis MN
Are you working for a Construction company where you’re not appreciated, or they make promises but don’t deliver, then read on.
We’re proud of our people with their “let’s make it happen” attitude. We have a positive exciting culture, not a, “that’s how it’s done around here” corporate one.
Our people have flexibility to do their jobs with “no one breathing down their backs”, they have their goals, know what to do and do it!
In the past few years we continue to get new contracts despite the economic downturn and we plan to continue this aggressive growth but can’t without great people.
We are Architectural Landscape Design Inc. located in Lakeville MN . We've been in business for over 15 years, a full service landscape/Remodeling/Construction company and we’re on the move! check us out www.aldmn.com
But we have a problem, we need to add experienced professionals to begin another crew . If you want to work for a “learning organization” can manage a crew or would like to learn, WE WANT YOU!
The Construction Foreman/Supervisor is responsible for overseeing all on-site aspects of construction projects.
Core Capabilities: Carpenter Foreman Journeyman apprentice mineapolis
- Customer and quality focus
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Team work
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Responsibility and dependability
- Ethics and integrity
Job Duties: Carpentry Foreman Journeyman
- Manage the execution of construction projects, planning labor requirements, equipment requirements and material deliveries and timing to ensure completion of job(s) within project deadlines
- Manage safety, quality and productivity of work at sites and/or shop/yard
- Assist in the preparation of jobsites prior to the beginning of a project
- Supervise, coordinate, and schedule the day to day work activities of a landscape construction crew of 2 to 4 employees
- Delegate job tasks to appropriate crew members to assist in the completion of landscape constructions
- Participate in recruitment activities by conducting secondary interviews with potential job candidates
- Conduct on-site orientations with new employees and employees in new positions, which cover all company health and safety policies, practices, and procedures
- Operate various tools and equipment, including: heavy equipment, dump trucks A license, skidd loader, excavator, chainsaws, jackhammers, laser levels, measurement equipment, shovels, hammers, drills, etc.
- Assist in the construction of landscape design/build tasks patios, pergolas, waterfeatures, retaining walls, outdoor rooms, lighting, sod and irrigation, drainage and grading, outdoor kitchens, firepits and fireplaces ect.
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by conducting inspections, lubricating, and cleaning on a daily basis
- Read and interpret blueprints, structural drawings, and specifications to delegate/complete work activities
- Meet with subcontractors and supervise quality, efficiency, and deadlines
- Complete and submit all required paperwork on a daily basis, including: daily site meeting logs, crew daily forms, equipment daily inspection forms, attendance tracking, time and materials billing summaries, requests for time off, etc.
- Comply with all company policies and regulations
- Maintain and enforce standards of cleanliness and organization in assigned trucks, trailers, equipment, jobsites, and shop/yard areas
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner, and that all crew members are in compliance with government and company PPE standards
- Enforce and work in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulations at shop/yard and on jobsites
- Employee training
- Communicate with customers in a polite and courteous manner
Requirements: Carpenter Foreman Journeyman
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the construction industry
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Time management skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various construction practices
- Speak, read, and write English
- Carry and use a smart phone or data-enabled device for communication and reporting
Work Conditions: Carpenter Foreman Journeyman
- Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, small engine equipment, heavy equipment, and materials
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. repeatedly through an entire work shift
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent stamina is required
- Work near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a regular basis
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, dust, noise, and cold
- Flexible working hours including occasional weekend work
Responsibilities: Carpenter Foreman Journeyman
- Manage workers, equipment, and materials
- Act as main contact with clients on a daily basis
- Must have knowledge and refined skills, including but not limited to: Decks Porches Pergolas outdoor kitchens and fireplaces and other custom carpentry needs.
- Knowledge in proper framing, footings, finish trim work
- Proper safety and onsite logistics experience
- Job Layout and job sequencing identifying problems and communicating with designers.
- Able too problem solve and complete projects within estimating parameters.
- Good communication skills with designers and clients
- Hard working
- Pre-Employment drug test
- Drivers license preferred and assurance that you will have means to be at work on time each day
- Carpentry Foreman: 5 yearrs
What We Offer:
- We pay above industry standards in these positions depending on your experience
- Profit sharing and compensation bonuses for qualified Carpenter Foreman
- Great growth opportunities
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year